West Point began the tradition of class rings in 1835, and this meaningful tradition has been promulgated to other institutions since then. Based on Egyptian signet rings, which were worn as a promise of eternal life, many students choose class rings to signify a rite of passage out of the education system and into the real world. These rings are valuable not only in quality, but also in meaning. Because class rings last a lifetime, it is important to design a ring that is right for you.
What better way to remember those years you spent in school, studying and working towards academic success, than a much deserved class ring? Whether it be a high school or a college graduation, the occasion will simply become more meaningful with class rings. Without a doubt, there’s nothing displays the pride and achievement you feel in your educational accomplishments like custom class rings.
Class rings make wonderful college graduation gifts or school graduation gifts. And to make it more meaningful and special is having to design it yourself.
This can easily be done online for your convenience. Here are some useful tips for you to consider when you want to design your own class ring:
- Decide if you want a traditional type class ring or you really want to design your ring from scratch.
- Look around. You may start looking around in your towns jewelry stores for ideas or if you want an easier option, then go online. Class rings websites are available online to service you.
- Think about what metal you want for your ring. If you think that you are going to wear your ring everywhere often then silver will be a good choice. On the other hand, if you plan to reserve your ring for special occasions like nights out or formal parties then gold will be the right metal for you. Of course there’s also your budget to consider since some metals are just naturally more affordable than the others.
- Consider what you would like on your ring. Traditional class rings usually feature academic seals and even sports symbols and they come with your graduation year stamped on the side or around the band. Non-traditional class rings on the other hand, may be simpler with the gem or stone of your choice and the name of your school engraved on the inside of the band. If you would like to personalize further then making a sketch of the appearance of your ring will also be a good idea.
- If you are creating your ring online, there is often an image that will help you track your choices and shows the ring’s overall appearance. To make sure that you are really getting what you want, backtrack. This will help you make changes if you don’t like a certain choice along the way.
Keep that wonderful memory of your academic success as well as you graduation class by encapsulating it in a well-deserved class ring. For sure it will be something that you will cherish for many years to come.